Monday, March 28, 2011

A few aquisitions

I swear I've been sewing, not just shopping. I'm in a bit of a rut and have been unsatisfied with most of my sewing results lately so I'll stick with sharing my purchases for now...

I couldn't resist ordering a set of Sunni's ironing tools (tailor's ham and seam roll.) They're beautifully made and oh so pretty:) Check out her etsy shop here - it looks like she's sold out right now but I think she takes custom orders too.

I also paid a visit to an antique mall a few towns away and spotted this tucked in a corner booth.

Is that a box of vintage patterns? For $8.00? Sold.

I have no idea what to do with them as I don't feel the need to actually make any of them right now.

But seriously, how could I let them sit there?

Okay, I might feel the need to make that red dress, complete with flower and ribbon trim.


Very classy.


My husband would look killer in that apron.

A jacket from two pattern pieces may be worth a try!


So sweet!


The antique shops around here seems to have an abundance of buttons. I almost never buy any but I couldn't pass these over. The box also contained a number of knitting pattern books. I don't knit so I may try to give these away to someone who could use them. Anyone interested?

I'm planning to take a few days away from my sewing machine. I think I've been getting frustrated and discouraged, which of course does not make a happy and productive sewer.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment