Monday, January 17, 2011

Pattern and Texture

I recently completed another scarf, my favorite so far. I stuck with a fairly neutral color palette, mostly cream and tan, with a little gold mixed in. This one gave me fits when it came time to photograph it! I still don't think the color and texture are truly reflected but I did my best!


The size and shape make it suitable as a wrap or a scarf. I backed it with a cream microsuede so it has a nice weight and drape to it.


Silver beads are tucked in with the ruffles.

Oh those shell tucks...I think I'll be making these again soon.

Random quilting with metallic thread.

Rows of grosgrain ribbon stitched to white cotton.

Pretty cream lace over linen.

Doily, of course.

I really like the way this turned out. The colors seem to work nicely and it was fun to make! I'll be adding this one to the shop as well.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment