Sunday, January 2, 2011

Refashion Bandwagon

A new year, a new blog. Hooray! I thought a good way to start would be to share my vintage dress refashion project. I've been commissioned by a dress shop in town to alter a pile of vintage dresses to make them more wearable (some are posing a bigger challenge than others!) Here are two of the more successful 'make-overs'.

This one was made out of a thin-ish unlined cotton. The leaf pattern (which I kind of like) was actually textured - almost like it was embossed. There was plenty of material to work with.

So I lined it with a white cotton (muslin, I think, so it wouldn't be too thick), gave it a sweetheart neckline with white ruffle, and a simple gathered skirt.

I was pleased with this one so I decided to take the same approach with the next. (Oh this one was in a sad state!) I was a little limited because I was working around a couple of stains and tears.

I like the way this one turned too. I didn't have quite enough material for the straps so I used some gathered organza as a halter instead.

Rather spring-like, I think!

I've seen (and been inspired by) so many of these types of refashions online lately. I know this is nothing new but I thought it would be fun to share mine. There are more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment